Following the WA Government’s announcement regarding interim restrictions, whilst the Peel and Perth regions transition out of the lockdown, Racing and Wagering Western Australia (RWWA) advises that racing, trialling and trackwork will continue under the following strict bio-security measures.
Interim restrictions from 12.01am Saturday 3 July until 12.01am Tuesday 6 July:
The following restrictions will apply irrespective of venue location:
• Essential persons only on-course (please carry RWWA licence card or Essential Persons ID Card at all times).
• Essential persons include trainers, jockeys, apprentices, drivers, stable hands, kennel hands, horse transport staff specific to animals engaged at a race meeting, trial or trackwork, RWWA staff and officials, club staff and officials, racing vision broadcasters and official race day photographers.
• Masks to be worn at all times (except by riders and drivers whilst racing).
• Physical distancing must be maintained, where possible.
• Mandatory contact register – all essential persons on-course must register their attendance via the Safe WA App or manual registration.
• Good hygiene measures should be adhered to at all times, including cleaning and disinfecting of all gear and equipment.
• Takeaway only options for food and beverage (dependent upon individual club capacity).
Please note that as part of the WA Government’s interim restrictions, it is a requirement that anyone leaving the Perth and Peel region must avoid hospitality/entertainment/recreation venues and other public gatherings.
Therefore, due to the need for racing personnel and RWWA officials to travel from the Perth and Peel regions to attend race meetings outside of these areas, the above restrictions will be applied to all racing venues, including:
Gloucester Park & Northam
*Please note that the above restrictions do not apply to trackwork outside of the Perth and Peel region.
Transitional restrictions from 12.01am Tuesday 6 July until 12.01am Monday 12 July:
The following restrictions will apply to venues only located within the Perth and Peel region:
• Race clubs will be responsible for determining whether they allow non-essential personnel on-course under the 2sqm and 150 people rule.
• To ensure compliance with the 2sqm rule, restricted areas will continue to be limited to essential persons only, including mounting yards, parade rings, kennelling areas and stalls.
• Masks must be worn at all times when indoors and outdoors where social distancing is not possible, including:
o Greyhound Racetracks:
o Equine Racetracks:
• Please note that anyone travelling from the Perth and Peel regions to race meetings outside of these areas must still wear a mask on-course at all times.
. . .
Any persons who have attended an exposure site or who feel unwell should not attend a WA racetrack and follow the health advice. Any persons who are unwell are should get to a COVID-19 clinic for testing.
As a precaution, persons residing with anyone who is self-isolating or awaiting the outcome of any Covid-19 test should also not attend any race meetings.
RWWA would like to thank the industry for their ongoing patience and understanding as we navigate through these unprecedented times.