VIC - Stewards Supplementary Report
Cobram – 23 September 2021
RACE 6 – BAROOGA SPORTS CLUB TROT (2170 MS)
Josh Aiken, stable representative of Love Gun, advised subsequently from the event the colt had recovered well. A decision whether to continue with the current preparation will be made over the next few days. Mr. Aitken did state that the colt would be driven more conservatively at its next start.
Kilmore – 24 September 2021
RACE 6 – REG WITHERS 3YO CLASSIC (2180 MS)
Josh Aiken, stable representative of One Big Shew, advised subsequently from the event the gelding had pulled up with no issues. Mr Aiken advised One Big Shew may have found the step up in class too much and would continue with the current preparation in lesser grade races.
RACE 8 – JET ROOFING KILMORE PACING CUP (GROUP 2) (2690 MS)
Mick Chircop, trainer of General Dodge, advised subsequently from the event the gelding had blood tests and a full vet check, both which revealed no abnormalities. Mr. Chircop attributed the performance to General Dodge not being suited to the longer distance and stated the gelding would continue with the current preparation.
Emma Stewart, trainer of Out To Play, advised subsequently from the event the horse had recovered well. Ms. Stewart believes Out To Play wasn’t suited leading and the intention moving forward would be to drive the horse with a sit. The horse will continue with its current preparation.